Thursday 25 April 2013

MCC Time to Tangle with Colours - Wk 1

Links: MCC (My Creative Classsroom)Marie Browning

I was thrilled to discover that MCC were proposing to run a second tangling course taught by Marie Browning & so I signed up as soon as I could.

The class is taught using Tombow Dual Brush Pens & Irojiten Colour Pencils. I have a good selection of colours in the Tombow Pens but, since the Irojiten pencils are at present not easy to get hold of in the UK, I shall be using my tin of 36 Derwent Coloursoft pencils which are wax-based like the Irojiten.

The assignments for each week are optional, however, I always learn more when I actually engage with my materials & know from experience that a particular product can vary greatly in its performance depending upon what type of paper it is used upon. I shall include what I choose to do for 'homework' here in blog posts but for reasons of copyright I will not be giving detailed technical explanations.

The first assignment involved using the colours we find combined in the natural world to start a reference tool in the form of a notebook or Pinterest Board. I decide to work with the latter option using my own photographs to create a board which you can find HERE.

For my second assignment I chose to use oval shapes with a cool colour scheme to create a piece of Zentangle Inspired Artwork (ZIA) in my Black Page Album Moleskine.

Cool Colours ZIA
tangles: Cadent, Cubine, Hollibaugh, Nzepple, Printemps, Quandary, Triangles, Tripoli
Tombow Markers outline watercolour blending & indirect Blender Pen colouring on
Canson XL Series Mix Media 98lb/160g paper

8 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love, love, love this colorful piece, Paula. It makes me think of Pysanky Easter Eggs. Blessings!

jackiescrafts said...

Wow Paula this is fantastic, I love the colours and the patterns and the way they show p on the black background

Jackie x

Aquarius said...

These colourful patterns show up so well against the black. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time completing all the assignments and thanks for sharing them.

Jean said...

Paula, this looks amazing. I love your use of colour and the way you have shown the light and shade so well.Every looks so good against the black background too.
Jean x

alexandra s.m. said...

Strikingly beautiful my dear Paula!
What a master piece!!
Thank You ;-)

Gill said...

Wow Paula, these colours just pop on the black background.I love how you have combined the colours.
Gill x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Paula, Your tangles are gorgeous, love the colours and how they pop against the black background. Beautiful work again, love seeing your Zentangle Art. Shirleyx

brenda said...

Goodness me, how did I miss this one Paula, what awesome colours and combinations.

You know how I love strong coluors and each and every one of the appeals to me, the turquoise combo look great but I think it the lends of pink on the central one with those little hints of green like peacock eyes.

B x