Wednesday 26 September 2012

MCC All About Zentangle - More Wk 1

Links: MCC (My Creative Classroom), Marie Browning

Letters String
tangles: Crescent Moon, Florz, Poke-Root

Stencil String
tangles: Cadent, Chevron, Jester, Plum Leaf

Tangle (Umble) String
tangles: Feathers, Stepping Stones, Triangles, Wavy Border

I really don't like the next one at all. I should not have tried shading around the squares thinking I'd add some definition - firstly I don't think my Pigma Micron had dried enough before I used the paper stump & secondly I'm not sure that the shading shouldn't have been inside my squares. I was sorely tempted to take my eraser to all of the shading but kept thinking about there being no such thing as a mistake in the process of tangling. I also feared that I'd end up with something worse like a hole in my sketchbook page. I'm looking forward to learning about shading.

Repeating Shape String
tangles: Beadlines, Casella, Clothesline, Twisted Ribbons

Stamped Image String
tangles: Chevron, Fescu, Hollibaugh

I drew around chipboard letters for my initials, the stencil for drawing the pear is Dreamweaver & the flower stamp is Chocolate Baroque UA4SP0146 Big Flowers.

9 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Paula when I see one of your tangles I am always in awe of the detail. Today seeing all these different patterns I about fell over. FABULOUS! Your sketch book is not only filled with artistic beauty, but also a great reference for your ideas, thoughts and notes.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow and Wow again!!! Paula - these are fantastic. I really like the tile with your initials. Oh yes, the stamped image string too - brilliant work!

jackiescrafts said...

Wow Paula these tangles are amazing, the tile with your initials is fabulous and the pear and flower ones are brilliant too.
Hope to "see" you at CB chat this evening I may be late though

Jackie x

Miranda said...

Wow Paula, you are really on to tangling! They look great and when I see them I want to play.....but no time for tangling I am afraid, but I enjoy looking at these! warm greet Miranda

brenda said...

Like Elizabeth, I too am in total awe of the stunning pieces you are creating with your 'tangles'.

Everything on this post is amazing but the pair I find totally gorgeous.

I also want to say thank you so much for your kind words of support and encouragement.

B x

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow what a great selection of tangles. Love how you mix all the different aspects of crafting. Debs xx

GinaA said...

Your pear tile is beautiful with lots of curve and 3d depth, I especially like the curved honeycomb effect. The repeated shapes tile with the shading is really good as well. Each of the single squares is floating, a super effect. You have been doing your homework. Brilliant selection and love your tangle choices.

Elaine said...

Wow, what aazing progress you are making with your tangling, beautiful work and I love the initial and pear tiles. Elaine x

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh my you have been busy! :) This must be very absorbing, or very diverting! :)

How big are these tiles and such, I am trying to imagine the scale as there is such a lot of detail!

Love the pear and your initials look great!

hugs

xxalisonx