Saturday 4 August 2012

Perfectly Pink Inspiration

Perfectly Pink is the theme that Cindy of Cottage Remnant set for this week's Inspiration Avenue Challenge. I hope that I have enough pink in my composition for it to qualify for the theme, but even if I do not, it was seeing the challenge that provided me with the prompt to experiment with the stencil (Dreamweaver) I recently purchased after Glenda featured it in the weekly Chocolate Baroque email & on her blog.
tangles: Barberpole, Chevron, Cross Stitch, Loops,  Waves
I used Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils for outlining & colouring the various sections & then blended using paper stumps with Sansodor. I actually allowed the page to dry/settle over a couple of days as I wasn't sure how the Pigma Micron pen would react to the moisture of Sansodor & then outlined & tangled the various patterns. I'm rather pleased that it's in my little Rhodia Notebook since it is the first time I have attempted anything like this. I'm rather enjoying the freedom of not matting or making the inside of a card.

Challenge Entered
Inspiration Avenue's Weekly Challenge: Perfectly Pink

16 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

This is lovely Paula the colour really enhances the patterns.

Can I ask you a question please... Does the ink bleed through the pages in your Rhodia note book? I've been using a moleskine just an ordinary note book one with lank pages but I find if I use the micron pen to colour in some of the patterns it leaks through to the next page and as a result means that some of the pages are unusable. If this doesn't happen with the Rhodia book it would encourage me to buy one
Thanks
Jackie x

Elaine said...

Interesting to see your coloured in tangling. I too bought a stencil, but the shell version, so I must see how that works too. I also like the little dots in the background of the Rhodia page! Elaine x

Donalda said...

wow this is just awesome dear. I love it. Hugs

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks lovely Paula :) Great to see the splash of colour and lovely shading too :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

brenda said...

Good Monring Paul

How very effective.

As soon as I saw your piece it occurred to me that zentangle pieces always seems to be black and white or at least predominantly that colour.

So it's really interesting to see you experimenting into colour with great affect.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Unknown said...

Beautiful colours and tangles x

GinaA said...

Love the colour that you have added and using tangles to complete the stencil is a great idea, nice border pattern as well.
I have also bought a book with the dots (not the moleskin - perhaps next time) and find it very useful to try ideas out its much easier to get the grid patterns evenly spaced.

Cathy A said...

Wow Paula, this is pink enough for me, love how you have zen tangled the stencil, I must give that a go one day!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You did an excellent job on your tangled flower, Paula. It looks like it is an appliqué. Blessings!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Just the right amount of pink Paula!! I love how you combined your love of Zentangle with your coloring. The design just comes to life with your creative details.

Heather said...

Look!!!! I've braved it but I am not letting myself become obsessive!!!
It is beautiful, your design (if you know what I mean) is perfect and wonderfully balance, stunning!!!
hugs
Heather xx

Sally H said...

This is stunning. Reminds me of the Appliqué my Mum used to do

judith@poppy cottage said...

Lovely design Paula, the flower is so pretty in pink. I am currently working with the butterfly stencil, but feeling poorly has slowed me down. Your colour scheme is lovely and fresh, and the border just finishes the design perfectly, Judith xx

Kathryn said...

Stunning make x I just love how you do this tangle stuff .... I've tried and it looks like a spider has tramped across my paper with inky feets ha ha

Kathryn said...

thankyou for your well wishes and 'grey' comments ohh you made me chuckle xx please dont ever "go away" xx

Unknown said...

Hi Paula, I did the same flower, but in B&W. It's posted on zentangle fb page. Yours is so pretty with the colors which is something that scares me to do. Love your other tangles too.

Lucia